Our Decedent Vanilla Panna Cotta with Cherry Puree Recipe
A delicious way to end you festive feast this year
Not sure what to serve up for dessert this Christmas? Our Head Chef Chris is sharing his recipe for a Vanilla Panna Cotta with Cherry Puree. This is a great light & airy dessert to serve up after a big Christmas Feed.
See the Recipe below from our Head Chef Chris:
Ingredients – For Panna Cotta
- 3 gelatine leaves
- 125ml milk
- 250ml double cream
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways, seeds scraped out
- 40g sugar
Ingredients – For Cherry Puree
- 175g sugar
- 175ml water
- splash cherry liqueur
- 350g Canned Cherries
For the panna cotta:
- Soak the gelatine leaves in a little cold water until soft.
- Place the milk, cream, vanilla pod and seeds and sugar into a pan and bring to a simmer. Remove the vanilla pod.
- Remove gelatine leaves from water, then add to the pan and take off the heat. Stir until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Divide the mixture among four small serving bowls or glasses and leave to cool. Place into the fridge for at least an hour, until set.
For the sauce:
- Place the sugar, water and cherry liqueur into a pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sugar has dissolved.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the cherries. Using a hand blender, blend the sauce until smooth.
- Pass the sauce through a sieve into a bowl and allow to cool fully. Spoon desired amount of sauce on top of panna cotta before serving
Want to enjoy a pre-Christmas celebration?
Join us at Cork International Hotel and indulge in our festive menus this December. From decedent dinners with family or friendly catch-ups over lunch, we have plenty of festive offerings this December.
See Festive Menus Here