Perfect Sunday Roast
Roast Duck Recipe
Welcome back everyone! Here at Cork International Hotel, we know that one of your favourite parts of our hotel is our Sunday Buffet Lunch. Seeing as we are closed, we thought we’d bring the buffet to you for this weekend!
Head Chef Martin has shared his method for a traditional Sunday Roast. We hope you enjoy, don’t forget to send us a snap of your finished dish!
- 1 Whole Duck (Medium size – available in good supermarkets)
- 6 Large Potatoes
For the Orange and Honey Glaze:
- 30 ml Healys Honey
- 20 g sugar
- 100 ml orange juice
- Put whole Duck in a roasting tray
- Cook roast seasoned whole duck, 160c for 2hours.
- After 1 hour take duck out of the oven and strain fat from tray, put duck back in the oven
- Par Boil potatoes( peeled and quartered) – 15 minutes in boiling water strain into colander.
- Put duck fat into a frying pan, when hot add potato, cook until crispy and brown, turn regularly
- When the duck is cooked the leg joints should feel loose when wiggled, if they don’t, then cook it for a little longer
- Let the Duck rest for minimum 30 minutes before carving (similar to Roast Chicken)
- For the orange glaze, put all ingredients into a pot bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.