Meet our Conference and Events Manager Emma Moriarty
Emma Moriarty is our Conference and Events Manager and Wedding Specialist at Cork International Hotel. Emma works with our corporate guests to ensure they are well looked after from planning to hosting a meeting or event with us. She also works closely with our Wedding couples to deliver them the day of their dreams.
We asked Emma some questions about her working day and what’s been keeping her occupied:
1. How do you start your day?
With a LARGE Coffee!
2. At Cork International Hotel, we have a great view of the planes taking off at Cork Airport. Aside from that, where’s your favourite view in Cork?
I love West Cork and in particular Inchydoney beach – I think the views are amazing. We’re so lucky to have places like this on our doorstep in Cork.
3. Name one place in Cork you would recommend to visitors as a must-see/do?
For a family day out I highly recommend Inchydoney Island beach and stop for a trip at the West Cork Model Railway Village, after stopping for lunch or dinner in the Whale’s Tail restaurant in Clonakilty – fabulous food!
4. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
I would love to be able to see into the future. This would really be of benefit as though I try to have all the answers to our client’s questions, with this superpower I could anticipate every need.
5. What’s your favourite social media platform?
My favourite platform is definitely facebook – I like being able to engage with my friends, groups and most of all watching random videos until the wee hours – who knew you could build a ukulele out of colouring pencils? Follow Cork International Hotel on Facebook HERE.
6. What drew you to work at Trigon Hotels?
The Cork International Hotel, in particular, was always my favourite hotel in Cork, and my husband and I would have spent a lot of time here as it’s so conveniently located between the city centre, Kinsale and local attractions for the children. Within the hotel industry, I had heard great things about working within the Trigon Hotels group. It was very much by chance my role became available and I haven’t looked back since.
7. What’s your favourite tipple?
I like a nice glass of Merlot, but on occasion, I love a good Margarita or a Spicy Bloody Mary.
8. If you could invite anyone to a drink at the New Yorker Bar, who would you ask?
It would definitely have to be Fergal Darcy from Today FM – I’m a superfan! I’ve listened to Fergal since he was on iradio years ago – I think he’s incredibly funny and not afraid to speak his mind on topical issues. “He’s so sound!”
9. Working closely with our corporate guests, you must know a thing or two about productivity, what’s your top tip to be your most effective at work?
I’m very organised and like to schedule time to do everything – I live by my Outlook calendar and I like to plan for the days and weeks ahead – I love a full calendar.
10. What are you currently listening to?
In the car I like to listen to True Crime podcasts and I’m currently listening to a podcast called “Murder in my Family” hosted by Mike Morford and also “Mens Rea” podcast hosted by Sinead McHugh. Otherwise when I listen to music, a wide variety of music.
11. Top Netflix recommendation?
I’m currently watching “Cobra Kai” the spin-off from Karate Kid 1 – I didn’t expect it to be as good as it is but it’s great! Very nostalgic, funny and lots of the main cast from the movie from over 30 years ago – “wax-on, wax-off”
If you are looking to plan a meeting, event or wedding, you can contact Emma with your queries directly: