Our Apple and Rhubarb Crumble Recipe
Why not try our recipe at home this weekend!
Welcome back everyone! We hope you are looking forward to a lovely long weekend. While there might not be much indoors to look forward to, we have decided to share this delicious Apple & Rhubarb Crumble recipe with you. Perfect as a light fruity dessert to warm your tummy this rainy bank holiday weekend.
Head Chef Martin has shared his method for a traditional crumble here. We hope you enjoy, don’t forget to send us a snap of your finished dish!
OATMEAL CRUMBLE MIX
- 120g plain flour
- 80g sugar
- 50g porridge
- 80g butter.
- Mix flour, sugar and butter to a crumb.
- Put in to hot oven 160c for 10 min
- Take out of oven, add porridge, cook for 10 min
- Take mix out of oven and let cool.
- 2 apples
- 3 stalks of rhubarb
- 80g sugar
- Peel and chop 2 apples and 3 stalks of rhubarb.
- Put into pot with a sprinkle with oil.
- Add 80g of sugar.
- Cover pot and cook on a slow heat until rhubarb and apples are soft.
ASSEMBLE PER PERSON
- Put apple mix in a bowl while hot and cover with crumble mix.
- Heat in oven for 2 min,
- Serve with Custard or preferred topping