3 Spots to Fly to this Summer from Cork Airport
Whether it is a weekend city break or a week in the sun, Cork Airport has some fantastic routes to enjoy this Summer
Cork Airport have launched some new amazing routes to their Summer schedule their 2022 Spring & Summer flight schedule and now is the perfect time to plan that Summer holiday you have been dreaming of. Cork International Hotel is right next door to Cork Airport so why not stay with us the night before your early morning flight. Here are some of our top picks to head to from Cork Airport this Summer.
Alghero – Sardinia, Italy
Dreaming of white sandy beaches, glistening waters and warm weather? Alghero is the perfect destination for you. The city of Alghero is situated on the north west of Sardinia and is one of the most beautiful and history rich parts of the island. With its distinct medieval town charm surrounded by its city walls, and stunning beaches & seascapes, Alghero truly has something for everyone. Alghero is also highly regarded for its fresh seafood and local cuisine, so is perfect for the foodies among us.
Top Things to do in Alghero
- Explore the historical town centre and see the city walls, Sulis Tower and the city gates. There is also lots of churches and structures to admire.
- Visit the Coral Museum and learn about the traditional craft that plays a huge role in the Alghero’s economy.
- Try the local cuisine, especially its most famous dish Catalan Style Lobster. There is also many local vineyards to explore on your trip.
- Spend a day at some of Alghero’s stunning beaches.
- Enjoy the sunset in Capo Caccia, a gorgeous walking trail where you will see some stunning sea views.
Ryanair fly twice weekly to Alghero from Cork Airport this Summer.
Valencia – Spain
Situated on Spain’s east coast, Valencia is often seen as one of the most underrated cities in Europe. With a world renowned food scene, stunning architecture at every turn, long sandy beaches and stand-out culture, Valencia is the ideal location for a long weekend this Summer. Although Valencia is Spain’s 3rd largest city, the city itself is easily walkable with lots of sights right in the heart of the city. Overall, Valencia is a city full of a buzzing atmosphere and great history – it is a great option for a group getaway this Summer.
Top Things to do in Valencia
- Wander the city and its cobbled streets and visit famous sights & monuments that includes he cathedral, El Miguelete bell tower, La Lonja and the Mercado Central – all within walking distance of each other.
- Discover the food scene of Valencia and make get a taste of Paella, in the city where delicious taste originates from.
- Enjoy the lively and buzzing nightlife of the old town – Filled with quirky pubs, stunning cocktail bars and lively nightclubs.
- Soak up some history & culture at many museums dotted around the city. Most are also free to enter!
- Take a visit to Valencia’s famous City of Science museum.
Ryanair fly twice weekly to Valencia from Cork Airport this Summer.
Dubrovnik – Croatia
Known as the ‘Pearl of the Adriatic Sea’, Dubrovnik is one of Croatia’s most stunning cities. Bringing together a truly amazing combination of sunny coastlines, medieval buildings & structures, and gorgeous views around each corner, it is no wonder Dubrovnik has become on of Europe’s most popular Summer destinations. For those Game of Thrones fans among us, you will recognise a number of landmarks around the city as Dubrovnik was the main filming location for ‘King’s Landing’. We recommend you stay for at least 5 days at least to truly soak up everything the stunning city has to offer.
Top Things to do in Dubrovnik
- Walk the Dubrovnik Walls and soak in the views of the city which is also a UNESCO Heritage Site.
- Take an cable car to Srd Hill for breath-taking views, birds eye view of the Old Town and the Adriatic Sea.
- Take a tour of ‘King’s Landing’ and see all the spots where major scenes of Game of Thrones was filmed.
- Soak up the sun and enjoy a drink at a number of the cliff bars dotted around the coastline of Dubrovnik.
- Explore Dubrovnik’s Old Town.
Aer Lingus fly twice weekly to Dubrovnik from Cork Airport this Summer.
Why not make the most of our Stay, Park, and Fly package at the Cork International Hotel to ensure a stress-free morning before the flight!
Take a minute to check out our Cork Airport Stay, Park & Fly offer – you can make your trip comfortable, fun and by staying with us.