Cork International Choral Festival
Cork International Choral Festival takes place in Cork, 1-5 May 2019
The 2019 Cork International Choral Festival takes place from May 1st – 5th, bringing 5,000 singers and 50,000 visitors to Cork for five days of music and song.
The globally renowned choral festival, which is celebrating 65 years, takes place in 90 venues across Cork city and county. Throughout the festival, more than 100 choirs – including over 80 Irish choirs and 17 international choirs - from as far as Australia, will take to the stages and streets of Cork for an extensive programme of national and international competitions, gala concerts and non-competitive performances. There will also be seminars, workshops, schools concerts and free outdoor recitals – something for everyone.
Hightlights of the festival include:
Wednesday May 1st
- National Competitions for Schools, Cork City Hall 11am & 2.30pm
- Opening Gala Concert, Cork City Hall, 8pm
Thursday May 2nd
- National Competitions for Schools, Cork City Hall, 11am
- PUST, Cork City Hall, 8pm
Friday May 3rd
- Chamber Choir Ireland, St. Finbarre’s Cathedral, 7.30pm
- 2019 Evocations – Helen Stureborg’s Chamber Choir, Cathedral of St. Mary & St. Anne, 10.30pm
Saturday May 4th
- The Big Sing, Cork City Hall, 12pm
- Fleischmann International Gala Concerts, Cork City Hall, 3pm & 8pm
Sunday May 5th
- Ireland’s Choir of the Year Competition, Cork City Hall, 10am
- Closing Gala Concert, Cork City Hall, 8pm
Cork International Choral Festival is supported by the Arts Council, Fáilte Ireland, Cork City Council and Cork County Council, with the Irish Examiner, Evening Echo and Cork’s 96FM as media partners.
Festival Tickets are available for purchase through the online booking system on their website.