at Cork International Hotel
At Cork International Hotel we are always driven by the vision of "Passionate Pursuit of Perfection". We are passionately committed to creating inspirational and unprecedented experiences for our guests guided by our shared values and the continual quest for improvement. Cork International Hotel is a member of Trigon Hotels.
Pursue perfection, and pursue it passionately, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we will attain excellence. #PPP
The principal asset of the Cork International Hotel and its success are its people. We pride ourselves on a skilled, experienced, well organised and passionate team that work together to ensure our customer expectations are met and achieved after every experience.The Hotel has established a strong commitment to developing team members.
Cork International Hotel is an accredited member of the Irish Hotel Federations Quality Employer Programme.
Are you interested in a career in Hospitality? We are always open to applications, if you would like to work with our friendly team please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
Senior Kitchen Porter
Scope and General Purpose:
To maintain a high level of operational hygiene in all kitchen areas in compliance with hotel and hygiene regulations.
Areas of Responsibility:
- To manage the team of kitchen porters and ensure that kitchen porters receive the right training and optimum guidance.
- To conduct monthly meetings with Kitchen Porters.
- Stock Rotating-create par levels for the main kitchen and top up from the stores daily
- Stock ordering-the daily items (bread, dairy, juices,beans etc.)
- Cleaning Stores-stock take of dry stores and chemical store at month end
- Manage bins (inside and outside)
- Manage kitchen cleaning equipment (color coded mops heads, buckets, squeegees etc.
- Manage backyard.
- Manage Personal Protective Equipment Store and making sure those kitchen porters is wearing it at all the times.
- To manage HACCP records (Kitchen Porters only)
- Pot wash area and surrounds
- Pot/pan storage areas
- Kitchen/larder areas and surrounds.
- Rubbish/skip areas
- Hygiene in kitchen areas and storage areas
- Carry out cleaning duties as outlined in cleaning schedule and complete daily/weekly cleaning checklists for all cleaning tasks performed.
- Cleaning of pots, pans, equipment etc as required and ensure they are stored correctly.
- Emptying of bins when full or as requested.
- Thorough deep cleaning as per schedule of kitchen/larder areas, equipment and storage areas.
- Maintain storage area for mops, brushes, detergents in a clean and tidy manner.
- Wear relevant protective clothing provided when handling hazardous materials.
- To report any damaged/defective equipment to the Senior Chef on duty.
- To be aware and comply with company policy regarding: Fire, Health & Safety, Hygiene, Food Hygiene, and Customer Care & Security.
- To read, understand and comply with your responsibilities as defined in the Health & Safety Statement and Staff Handbook.
- To attend meeting/training sessions as required.
- To carry out any other reasonable request made by Management.
- During peak times it may be necessary to work in other similar related departments
Candidates must have a legal right to work in Ireland.
Candidates must have previous experience.
To apply send an up to date version of your CV to: email@example.com